Help Desk MX allows to create custom fields. You can use them to store any additional information about tickets. You can setup where you would like to show custom fields, you can filter and search tickets by custom fields.
To create a new custom field go to the Help Desk > Dictionaries > Custom Fields, press the button Add New. You'll see the following fields:
- Title - Name of the field.
- Code - Internal code of the field. Can contain only letters, digits and underscore.
- Type - Field's type. Following types are possible:
- Text - One line text field.
- Multi-line text - Multiple lines text field (textarea).
- Date - Date with calendar.
- Drop-down list
- Description - Field's description.
- Options list - Used only for fields with type drop-down list. Enter each value from the new line using format:
value1 | label1 value2 | label2
- Sort Order
- Show value in customer account - If option is enabled, field's value will be shown in the customer account (ticket's page).
- Show in create ticket form - If option is enabled, field will be shown in the customer account (create new ticket form).
- Show in contact us form - If option is enabled, field will be shown in the contact form and form of the feedback tab.
- Required for customers - If option is enabled, customers will be required to fill in the field when they create a new ticket.
- Required for staff - If option is enabled, agents will be required to fill in the field when they create a new ticket or reply.
To show the Custom Fields at the Tickets Grid, go to Help Desk > Settings > General Settings tab.
At the option Show Columns in Ticket Grid select the created Custom Field.
Custom fields also can be used in email templates by its codes. For more information, see How to add Custom Fields to Notification Email.
Your feedback about this content is important.
Let us know what you think.