Connection with Sphinx Engine
After Sphinx Engine is installed, you need to connect it to our Search Extension.
- Go to System -> Search Management -> Settings and proceed to Search Engine Configuration.
- In field Search Engine select External Sphinx Engine option, and fill the following fields.
- Sphinx Host - sphinx daemon host. Should be set to localhost in this case.
- Sphinx Port - sphinx daemon port (any free port).
- Sphinx Bin Path - if "searchd" is not configured in shell paths on your server, here you need to enter the full path to "searchd" (ex.
- Tune up your Search Daemon, using extended options in Additional Configuration subsection.
To establish a connection with sphinx engine on another server, you need to run sphinx engine with an auto-generated configuration file.
Go to System / Search Management / Settings / Mirasvit Extensions / Sphinx Search.
- Select another server option and the press button "Generate configuration file".
- Copy configuration file to the sphinx server (same path to file is required)
- Start sphinx daemon using command
searchd --config <path to config/sphinx.conf>
- Open a port for connection between servers. You can use a command
nc -zv sphinx_server_ip sphinx_server_portto check if port open.
- Run search reindex in System / Search Management / Search Indexes