How to create a new data feed
Pre installed templates may require additional attributes and settings by reason of the specific selling items or country location. Check a product's attribute requirements using marketplace specifications.
To create a new data feed, follow these steps:
- Go to Product → Advanced Product Feeds → Feeds. Press button Add Feed.
- Select one of the existing templates to create a feed. To create an empty feed, select Empty Template.
- Press button Continue.
Fill-in a few requirement fields:
- Name - name of the data feed.
- Filename - name of the data feed file. File will be located at
- Store View - store view for which a data feed will be generated.
- Is Active
Additionally, if you selected Empty Template, you need to fill-in these fields:
- File Type - there are three file types available for the data feed.
- CSV - a comma-separated values each item placed on a new line. File extension is .csv.
- TXT - same as CSV file, but with .txt extension.
- XML - uses tags to define blocks of content. Information about your items is enclosed within these tags, which are indicated by angle brackets. File extension is .xml.
- Press button Save and Continue Edit.
- To generate data feed, press button Generate at the top right corner.