Placeholder - is a place on a page of the web site where a banner can be displayed. The same placeholder can be used for more than one banner.
Follow to Marketing > Promo Banners > Placeholders to manage or create new placeholders.
To set up a new placeholder, you need to click the button Add New Placeholder:
- Active - Turn-on / off the placeholder. If the placeholder is active, it will be displayed in Banner placeholder's settings.
- Internal Name - Internal placeholder name.
- Display Mode - Display formats: Rotator - Randomly rotates the banner ads that are seen by users, so that each time the site is visited or refreshed a different banner ad will appear;
Pop-up - Displays on top of site content after page loading. By clicking the Close button, the banner is completely closed.
There are two formats Use predefined position set Yes or No.
If set No, there is available only:
- Position with Syntax: layout/container/before/after
If set Yes, the following settings are available:
- Display on - defines a page where banners will be displayed, for example, All pages, Shopping Cart, Product page, and others.
- Container - specifies a particular place on page to dispay banner, use a debug mode to simplify positioning.
- Before - special field, which helps to place the placeholder before all other elements in the container, use "-" to implement it.
At the Conditions tab, you will see a conditional block, which allows you to set attributes, to which Promo Banners should be applied.
Attributes can be different for each store - depends on whether the attribute participates Cart Attributes or Product Attribute or Page Attributes. It has a number of options apart from Magento's default options (leave the conditions blank if you want to apply for all products).
Use Action name, if you want to display banners on CMS pages, Category or Product, Checkout Cart pages. Use URI if you want to display banners on the particular pages, for example, Sale, Blog, or Landing pages.