Manage Landing Pages
A landing search page is a special search result page with a static URL where customers are redirected by using some search expression.
Let's consider a large number of frequently requested (or just a promotional set) models of Samsung phones with a black coat. We can create a separate promotional page, say,
http://store.com/black-samsung-phone.html, and bind it to the search phrase "black samsung phone". Then, when customer request a black Samsung phone, it will be immediately sent to your special page.
Also it supports the following logic: we create a separate promotional page, for example,
http://store.com/black-samsung-phone.html, and bind it to the search phrase "black samsung phone". When a customer goes to this (specific) URL, the search results for "black samsung phone" will be immediately built on it.
All such pages can be managed from the System -> Search Management -> Manage Landing Pages grid.
- Go to System / Search Management / Manage Landing Pages and press Add New button.
- On the creation page, fill in the following fieds:
- Query Text - the key phrase, which should bring customer to the landing page (ex. black samsung phone)
- URL Key - relative path to the landing page. For example, if the URL key is
shoes/all, then the full URL would be
- Active - activates or deactivated redirect to the landing page.
- Page Title - overrides the title of that page with yours.
- Meta Keywords - meta keywords that can be used by search crawlers.
- Meta Description - meta description that can be used by search crawlers.
- Layout Update XML - overrides XML layout of the landing page.
- Save and activate the landing page.