Manage Landing Pages
Landing search page is special search result page, with a static URL, where customers are redirected on using some search expression.
Let us have a large number of frequently asked (or just a promotional set) models of Samsung phones with black coat. So we create a separate promotional page, say,
http://store.com/black-samsung-phone.html, and bind it to the search phrase "black samsung phone". Then, when customer will request a black Samsung phone, it will be immediately sent to your special page.
Also it supports the following logic .We create a separate promotional page, say,
http://store.com/black-samsung-phone.html, and bind it to the search phrase "black samsung phone". When customer will go to this (specific) URL search results for "black samsung phone" will be immediately built on it.
All such a pages can be managed from System -> Search Management -> Manage Landing Pages grid.
- Go to System / Search Management / Manage Landing Pages and press Add New button.
- On creation page fill the following fieds:
- Query Text - the key phrase, which should bring customer to landing page (ex. black samsung phone)
- URL Key - relative path to landing page. For example, if URL key is
shoes/all, then full URL would be
- Active - activates or deactivated redirect to landing page.
- Page Title - overrides title of that page with yours.
- Meta Keywords - meta keywords, that can be used by search crawlers.
- Meta Description - meta description, that can be used by search crawlers.
- Layout Update XML - overrides XML layout of landing page.
- Save and activate landing page.