- How can I make Customer earn points after buying some specific products
- How can I prevent rules from multiply?
- How can I set up a rule to award for both referral customers, and their referee
- How can I create so-called 'threshold' and 'milestone rule'
- How can I award Customer with 'gift' points, that he can use in his first order
It can be done in two ways - using Product or Cart rules.
If you use Cart rule:
- You need to control not only the products but also the quantity to it:
- Jump to Conditions tab and add a new condition. On the drop-down list, select Product subselection. It will produce nested conditions block with a master condition to it, which filters the number of products selected;
- In this nested block set up, the quantity, that should trigger the rule, if you need to award the Customer for buying three(3) items -should contain If the total quantity is equal to or greater than 3 for a subselection of items on the Cart matching ALL of these conditions;
- Add to the nested block Category, SKU, or other attributes of the products, that should trigger the rule - as described on the Product rule;
- If you need to control the presence of the product on the Cart:
- Jump to Actions tab, and create a new condition in Apply the rule only to cart items matching the following conditions section;
- Add appropriate product attributes, that should trigger the rule - as described above.
If you use Cart rule, do not use both of the described approaches simultaneously - because they will conflict with each other. Create two Earning rules instead - you may also see next case to trigger them properly;
How can I prevent rules from multiplying? For example: if a customer adds to cart a product, and this product satisfies both rules, only one rule should be triggered.
- Jump to General Information tab and assign to these rules priorities according to each product's promotional significance. Say, you have products A and B, and both are on the Cart - the reward for B should be applied. The rule for product A should thus have a priority of 20, and for B - 10;
- Set option Stop further rules processing to Yes. It will prevent rules with the same or lower priority from triggering, even if their conditions apply.
How can I set up a rule to award both the customers and their friends (e. g. customer, and the person that was invited by him).
It can not be done via one earning rule. You will need both - one for the customer, and the second for his referral.
The rule applicable to referees can be created this way:
- Create a new Earning Rule of Behaviour type at Reward Points -> Earning Rule;
- Jump to the Conditions (or Conditions and Actions) tab, and add new condition. In drop-down list, in Customer section select Is Referral condition and set it to Yes;
- Add other conditions - for example, if you need to set awards for a certain order number, refer to milestone rule case, below in this section;
- Jump to Actions section, set points to earn, save and activate the rule.
The rule for Referees can be created by using only Behaviour type of Earning Rule:
- Create a new Earning Rule of Behaviour type at Reward Points -> Earning Rule, and jump to the Conditions and Actions tab;
- If you wish to award Customer, when referees register, pick event Referred customer signs up in-store;
- If you wish to award Customer, when referees place an order, pick event Orders from referred Customer;
- If you also need to award Referee for a certain number of orders made, or placed by the Customer referred(the referee) - or make other limitations regarding his referrals, - use the conditions on Referral Customer subsection. For example, if you need to award points only for the first Referee's order, you need Referral: Number of Orders condition;
- Save and activate the rule.
How can I create the so-called 'threshold' and 'milestone rule', which will award Customer with additional points on reaching a certain sales amount or a certain number of orders made.
To award customers with additional points depending on their achievements, you need to use either Cart, or Behaviour rule. Both of them support the conditions that allow checking out for Customer' properties. Simply add them to the Conditions tab to make a rule threshold or milestone.
Here is the list of conditions that can be used in most cases:
- Award only with the first order. Use the condition - Number of Orders - and set it to 0. It does not apply only to Behaviour rules, which use Customer places an order event - in this case you need to set 1 (because this event will be triggered after an order is placed);
- Award customer for certain X-th order (say, 10th). Use the same Number of Orders condition, but it should be equal to X - 1 (for Customer places an order shall be equal to X);
- Award customer for reaching certain X points on his Balance. Use two conditions Balance points amount - for the lower limit and upper limit (when necessary).
- Award customer for spending X amount of money in-store. Use two conditions Lifetime Sales - for the lower limit and upper limit (when necessary).
Not only will the Customer's overall achievements be checked, but the purchases made as well. Use for that additional conditions, located under Cart Attributes, for rules of Cart type.
Customers can receive points immediately after registering by using only Behaviour rule. Here is how it can be done:
- Create a Behaviour rule at Reward Points -> Earning points and on Conditions & Actions pick up event Customer signs up in store;
- Set Customer Earning Style to Give X points to Customer and set the number of points he can receive;
- If you wish to suppress front end notifications for this rule, add Signing up event at Reward Points -> Settings -> Display -> Disable Behaviour Notifications;
- Add other condition or conditions, if you need to - for example, a check for Referees (see the case above);
- Save and activate the rule.
This rule will let a customer receive points upon registration, and they can spend the same in their first order.