Blog MX settings
The settings of Blog Mx are located at Content ▸ Blog MX ▸ Settings and are grouped into the following sections:
- Appearence - basic configuration of the blog appearence in the frontend.
- Display - additional configurations related to the blog appearence in the frontend.
- Search Engine Optimization - SEO settings of the module
- Comments - settings for comments in posts.
- Sharing - configurations for sharing blog posts via social networks, email, etc.
- Layout Settings - configurations related to the way pages of the blog will be displayed on the frontend.
- Top Menu Title - set the title of the blog for the main menu.
- Blog Name - set the name of the blog that will be displayed on the main page of the blog and in the footer.
Date Format - set the way the date will be displayed in the blog pages.
F j, Y- March 10, 2001
D, M j, Y- Sat, Mar 10, 2001
Read more about accepted date format characters.
- Visible Navigation Menu - if enabled, the link to the blog will be added to the main menu of the website.
- Enable excerpts on list page - When enabled, excerpts will be inserted as follows; if there is a tag in the post's content, the excerpt will go until that tag, next if the post has an excerpt that gets used, lastly, the first n characters of the post (as set below) will be displayed.
- Default Excerpt Character size - set the limit for the number of symbols of the post content to be displayed on the posts list pages.
- Base URL - the URL key for the blog (will be visible in the URLs for all blog pages).
- Base Meta Title - the part of the page meta title that will be added to all blog pages.
- Base Meta Description - the part of the meta description that will be added to all blog pages.
- URL Suffix for Posts - the suffix of the URLs for all blog post pages.
- URL Suffix for Categories - the suffix of the URLs for all blog category pages.
- Provider - choose the provider for comments or disable them. Currently our extension only supports Facebook comments.
- Enable AddThis Sharing Buttons - enable/disable AddThis buttons.
- Post Layout - choose the template for blog post pages.
- Post List Layout - choose the layout for all post list pages (the main page of the blog, category, author, and tag pages).
- Post List View Mode - select one of the provided view modes for post list pages - List or Grid.
- Sort posts by - choose the sorting for posts in all post list pages.
- Posts per Page - set options for post per page appearence (options for pager toolbar). Comma sepparated values. The default value is