Consider generic interface using example of "Sales Overview" report.
- 1: Сalendar for the selection of the reporting period;
- 2: Drop-down with pre-defined time intervals for Calendar (1):
Lifetime(minus 10 years from the current moment, plus 10 years to the current moment),
Custom(allows to select period manually).
- 3: Currently selected time interval for the report.
- 4, 5 - Drop-down with pre-defined comparison periods, and fields for custom comparison period definition.
- 6: Selects scope of Report - either for All Stores, or only for particular one.
7: Defines step size. Report can be dispayed for each Day, Week, Month, Quarter and Year.
- 8: Filters data table with the filter, and correspondingly changes chart display. With these filters you can build a report for individual customer groups or taking into account the selected order statuses.
9: Defines Reports Presets (Time Interval, Columns, Filters). It allows you to save your Report setup, and view it next time with a single click.
10: Add / remove columns to a data table of the Report. Contains only Active columns, so if you wish to add some extended columns - you need to use Settings button first.
11: Export report in CSV or XML format.
12: Defines, which columns are Active (e. q. selectable in Columns for a data table) and available for displaying at the Dashboard. It can dramatically reduce time of report generation by excluding all unnecessary columns.
Settings (12) button brings up a Active Columns selection, where listed all columns, that can be displayed in current Report (including synthetic - e. q. that can be calculated on-the-fly - such as Average Base Discount Amount).
Each row is a column activation definition, and contains:
- Column Name - sensical name of column.
- Column Type - type of column, e. q. numeric, money, text and so on.
- Aggregator Type - used for synthetic columns, and displays, which SQL function is actually used for calculation.
Each selected column is marked by green line, and became available both in Columns (11) popup, and in Dashboard Blocks.