Consider generic interface using an example on "Sales Overview" report.
- 1: Сalendar for the selection of the reporting period;
- 2: Drop-down with pre-defined time intervals for Calendar (1):
Lifetime(minus 10 years from the current moment, plus 10 years to the current moment),
Custom(allows you to select a period manually).
- 3: Currently selected time interval for the report.
- 4, 5 - Drop-down with the pre-defined comparison periods, and fields for custom comparison period definition.
- 6: Selects the scope of Report - either for All Stores or only for a particular one.
7: Defines a step size. Report can be dispayed for each Day, Week, Month, Quarter and Year.
- 8: Filters data table with the filter, and correspondingly changes chart display. With these filters, you can build a report for individual customer groups or consider the selected order statuses.
9: Defines Reports Presets like the Time Interval, Columns, Filters. It allows you to save your Report setup and view it next time with a single click.
10: Add or remove columns to a data table of the Report. It contains only Active columns, so if you wish to add some extended columns - you need to use the Settings button first.
11: Export report in CSV or XML format.
12: It defines which columns are Active (e. g. selectable in Columns for a data table) and available in displaying a Dashboard. It can dramatically reduce the time of report generation by excluding all unnecessary columns.
Settings (12) button brings up an Active Column selection. Where listed, all columns that can be displayed in a current Report (including a synthetic - e. g. that can be calculated on-the-fly - such as the Average Base Discount Amount).
Each row is a column activation definition, and it contains the following:
- Column Name - a sensible name of the column.
- Column Type - the type of column, e. g. numeric, money, text, and so on.
- Aggregator Type - used for synthetic columns and displays, as SQL function is used for calculations.
Each selected column is marked with a green line, and becomes available both in the Columns (11) popup, and in the Dashboard Blocks.