SEO Filters allows for a replacement of layered navigation links (i.e. with interchangeable parameters like size and colors) with SEO-friendly links with more intuitive and human-readable paths.
The corresponding subsystem of Mirasvit SEO Suite is located at Marketing > Advanced SEO Suite > Settings > SEO Filters.
The only options available at this time are:
- Enabled - enables and disables the SEO Filters feature
- Separator between words in complex filter name - if the attribute name consists of several words, this option will define their concatenating to a single name with a delimiter. These are the following options:
- Do not use separator - words are not separated at all.
- Use "_" as separator - words will be separated with an underscore.
- Use capital letter as separator - each word in the attribute name will be capitalized.
SEO Filters should only be enabled if you are using native Magento Layered Navigation or Mirasvit Layered Navigation and there are no third-party Layered Navigation extensions installed on your store.
Otherwise, turning on this option can cause unchecked errors and unexpected crashes.
Consider links which are generated for different subcategories at the Tops category page, and displayed as layered navigation sidebar.
Subcategories, displayed above, are constructed dynamically from parameters that are defined in configurable products, and have the following form. For example, let's consider a link for a top of XS size and of orange color.
As you can see, the link has a dynamic part which takes the form
parameter=ID, which is not optimal for web indexing.
However, if we set Marketing > Advanced SEO Suite > Settings > SEO Filters -> Enable to Yes, the links will change into:
These links are far more SEO-friendly.
You should purge ALL cache after enabling/disabling SEO filters, otherwise the links will not change.