How to upgrade Help Desk MX extension
To upgrade extension follow next steps:
- Login to Magento backend.
Go to System > Tools > Compilations.
If Compiler Status is Enabled, disable the compilation by clicking the button Disable in the upper right corner.
Backup your store database and web directory.If you have customizations, please, create a separate backup of app/code/local/Mirasvit before upgrading to the new version.
- Download new extension package from your Personal Account.
- Unzip the extension locally.
- Temporary disable extension. Check Temporary Disabling.
- Copy contents of the folder step1 to the root directory of Magento store.
- Copy contents of the folder step2 to the root directory of Magento store.
- Completely clear the site cache. Go to System > Cache Management. Click button Flush Magento Cache. If you want to clear the cache manually, you need to remove a folder /var/cache at the server.
- Logout from Magento backend and login again.
- If compilation was enabled before upgrade, you need to run recompilation process to enable compilation. Go to System > Tools > Compilation and click on Run Compilation Process.
If you did not disable compilation and store is down after upgrade, follow the link and make next steps to recover the store.
- If necessary adjust css styles to fit your store's frontend theme.
Your feedback about this content is important.
Let us know what you think.